unleashthegeek


Monday, July 13, 2009

Koishite Akuma
Nakayama Yuma Interview





How are things on the set?
Very fun. Filming starts from morning and the hours are long but it doesn't feel that way at all, the time just flies by. The most fun is... when I'm with Shintaro. Shin-chan is really cheerful and he makes things enjoyable. We're always together. During meals, on location and when we move from location to location. We don't do anything in particular, it's just that we naturally end up together.

The producer has also said that Nakayama-san is a mysterious character, how does it feel to be called that?
I'm mysterious....? To be thought that way, I feel happy. To me, being called that is a compliment. My role in the drama requires me to be the silent type most of the time, there's a gap I think. Personally, I'm not the silent type at all (*laugh*)

How does it feel playing the role of a boy falling in love with an older woman?

I haven't personally experienced it but I'm glad I'm given the chance to do it, I think it's a good experience. An older woman, forbidden love, there are people who yearn for that but after watching this drama I want everyone else too, to feel a yearning, to be moved. For me personally... age doesn't matter when it comes to love.

What kind of vampire do you play?

The part I play, Ruka does not show his emotions on the surface but I think he is honest and pure. I think Ruka that way is good, it'd make me happy if he is admired. And he can teleport and has superhuman strength, makes you feel like trying out those powers if you can. The fantasy elements are fun.

The role has hardly any speaking parts in the beginning and in the later parts, he starts to change. It must be difficult.
Even without dialogues, when there's just facial expressions, I consult with the director every time. It must be a little different each time. I try my best to improve on making slight changes in expressions when I act. I practice while looking at the mirror but... it's embarrassing (*laugh*). I think the different expressions will appear once I start interacting with the cast members, I look forward to it.

How does it feel putting on the fangs?
I do feel some discomfort but when I look in the mirror, I approve (*laugh*). The tension goes up when you can do it realistically. I guess you can get used to fangs too. Like putting them on and wanting to show them off (*laugh*)

How is appearing together with your respected senpai, Kondo Masahiko-san?
Frankly, I thought he was scary. But he is easy to talk to and once in a while he says some amusing things. He says such things too...!? I felt that gap. My nervousness just unraveled, it was really surprising. He gave me acting advice too. In the credits, there's a scene of me using a cloak, I couldn't do it well so he adviced me on how to show off the cloak properly. Kondo-san can handle the cloak perfectly (*laugh*)!

Do you have a weakness to anything, like how a vampire is averse to certain things? Something that makes you go,"Stop right there!"
I hate insects! Recently, I've been really bad with them, when did I get so sensitive about it... (*sweats*)? Just thinking about it scares me. A while back, a black insect I've never seen before entered the house, it just swooped in. After that, I'm just no good with them...(*embarrassed grin*). Looking at like the rhinoceros beetle is fine, but if you ask me to touch them, no way. So please, don't prepare any insects (*laugh*)!

What scenes do you look forward to now?
Scenes where I have the fangs on. Kondo-san gave me advice on the fangs too. I want to be just like a vampire!

Besides the highlights of the drama, there's also your relationship with the family you're staying with.
In Shinjou (the Chinese restaurant), there are scenes where little bits of emotions appear, he becomes more human, Rika starts to change. I want everyone to see that. Captivated by the humans that he should hate... There'll be different kinds of connection I think. There are parts of him that are troubled, some heartrending. If I can show that, and move the viewers, that would make me happy. I want it to be a wonderful drama, please give your support♪

~

I wasn't even planning to watch this but the first episode buried its fangs in me. Yabai ero~

Labels: ,




On Friday, July 17, 2009 5:50:00 PM, Blogger Anis wrote...

Thanks for translation. Yuma is a nice boy <3

And totally LOL at his scare of insects, he had shown enough of it in the last Shokura =DDD

 

On Friday, July 17, 2009 11:55:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

OMG!
i agree!
age should never be a problem in love!
i think he had matured a lot from how he responds to the questions asked!
i love him so much!
i think i'm gonna faint right here on my seat!
thanks for translating!

 

On Sunday, July 19, 2009 7:09:00 AM, Blogger unleashthegeek wrote...

Anis and soarhighcole,

You're welcome :)
Actually I pretty much know nothing about him. Just curious after watching Ep 1 and read the interview. Seems like a complete opposite of his vamp character!

 

On Monday, July 27, 2009 9:45:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

THNX! He's adorable <3

 

On Tuesday, September 08, 2009 2:58:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Thank you for translating this. I enjoyed it very much. The series is surprisingly addictive. ;)

 

On Wednesday, September 09, 2009 8:11:00 AM, Blogger unleashthegeek wrote...

I actually would rate this as my top Summer 2009 Drama :D

 

On Thursday, September 10, 2009 9:23:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

The way he answered doesn't sound like he's only 15..
Thanks for the translation. You made me addicted to the series..:-)

 

On Friday, September 11, 2009 1:41:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Hullo! Thanks sooo much for translating. I was hooked to the drama (and Yuma in particular) that i watched the last episode without being subbed. And of course didn't understand a word of it,lol! Like to see more news about Yuma-kun in your blog? Thank you once again!

-Dee

 

On Monday, September 14, 2009 5:26:00 PM, Blogger JJportia12 wrote...

he's such a Great Actor and his charisma is not a 15 year old, i will look forward to his future!!

MIRAI~~

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main