unleashthegeek


Friday, October 09, 2009

Tokyo Dogs Press Conference




A press conference for Tokyo Dogs was held at a Tokyo hotel on 8th October. The theme for the Monday night drama this autumn is 'Getsu Kyun'. (Monday Kyun. kyun: momentary tightening of one's chest caused by powerful feelings, heart twinges) This catch phrase was coined in the hopes of a return to the popularity of dramas in the heydays when office ladies would disappear from the streets at night as they head home to watch a drama. In attendance were lead actor Oguri Shun as Takakura Sou, his buddy Kudo Maruo played by Mizushima Hiro and Yoshitaka Yuriko who has her first heroine role in a Getsu 9 drama as Matsunaga Yuki.

Oguri started off the interview."The cast and staff members are really fun and everyday is just 'kyunkyun'. To prepare for this detective role, I had a gunbelt strapped on while just going about my daily life so that I'll get used to carrying a gun. Since I'm doing this, I want to do it like my life depends on it,"he said enthusiastically. About the combination with his buddy Mizushima, he said,"I'm happy to have such a reliable partner and co-actor. He's polite and approaches work very seriously. On the plane back from NY after filming, I was looking at his sleeping face and I thought how great it would be to be Mizushima Hiro (*laugh*). Maybe we'd start going out after the drama ends."

Mizushima said,"Oguri-kun's character is always cool, while the character I play Maruo is the complete opposite. I want to portray that well. I'm challenging myself to things I would not normally do too. Playing a detective without a uniform, a leather jacket as his trademark, and growing out a beard and moustache." About Yoshitaka, he talked about her appeal. "What's charming about her is that you can never guess what she is going to do next so you never lose interest. I'm also looking forward to the different kinds of expressions she will show in her acting from now on. She might be the actress who I could most naturally connect with among all the ones I have co-starred with so far."

Yoshitaka commented,"I'm giving a lot of thought to how to play a woman who has lost her memory. There are many occasions when she is distressed. It's a difficult role but it's an enjoyable working environment with laughter from the cast and staff members always. I'm happy with the fantastic atmosphere." On working with Oguri and Mizushima she said,"We're always together during filming. Flanked by two gorgeous men makes everyday 'kyunkyun'. Usually we just talk about nonsense and there's a lot of joking around too. But when it comes to acting, there's no one cooler than them in expressing themselves."

EXILE is singing the theme song 'Futatsu no Kuchibiru'. Tokyo Dogs starts October 19 at 9pm. The first episode is 15 minutes longer.



http://dogatch.jp/blog/news/cx/0908107510.html
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/091008/gnj0910081829023-n1.htm
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/091009/gnj0910090505006-n2.htm
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/entertainments/entertainers/091008/tnr0910081752005-n1.htm
http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/entama/graph/20091008/
http://contents.oricon.co.jp/news/ranpara/091008_01.html

Labels: , , ,




On Friday, October 09, 2009 2:24:00 AM, Blogger grumpy wrote...

I love how Hiro smiles with his eyes (*8*)

Shun, ever so cool~~ Ze kakkoi ji-chan.

 

On Friday, October 09, 2009 3:22:00 PM, Anonymous Jen wrote...

*faints* Shun is soo kakkoi!!

I don't think I'll ever get over him ^^ my oujisama!!

 

On Friday, October 09, 2009 11:13:00 PM, Anonymous jesse wrote...

kawaaiii...!!! :D
i love shun the most..definitely going to watch this drama.

 

On Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:38:00 PM, Blogger oney_chan9 wrote...

Omo..Shun-kun is really grown up.
Love Shun!

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main