unleashthegeek


Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Yamapi to star in TBS Winter 2012 drama


Yamashita Tomohisa (26) who left NEWS in October is set to start off his solo career with a lead role in TBS drama 'Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata ~Ending Planner~' (Thursdays at 9pm). Yamapi plays the main character who reluctantly inherits the funeral service business after the death of his father. He handles bodies handed over to him by the police. At times, he will also try tracking down the truth behind the corpses of the murdered, suicides and accidental deaths. As he grapples with the secrets, he starts to question his way of life, learns more about himself and matures. There will also be elements of romance as he gets to know a rookie police officer through his work. Yamapi's last lead role in a drama was in January 2010 where he played a doctor in the second season of Code Blue.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/111109/gng1111090506000-n1.htm
http://hochi.yomiuri.co.jp/entertainment/news/20111109-OHT1T00015.htm

Labels: ,




On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 6:16:00 AM, Blogger Seireina wrote...

Yamapi left NEWS???

 

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 1:01:00 PM, Blogger Lora Quitane wrote...

So I just googled Yamapi leaving NEWS and the results show that Ryo left NEWS as well. Hmm. I'm neutral about this because I'm not a j-pop fan and more of a dorama fan.

I think the only time I like Yamapi is when he's with Maki. I've only seen ProDai, the only Yamapi drama without Maki while Buzzer Beat is still on my watch list. I'm wary of Keiko, because she hasn't proven to me her talent nor show her charms. I saw ParaKiss live action and I didn't like it much (or maybe because I really love the manga and anime).

Anyway, goodluck on Yamapi and I hope the casting producers get a hint! *wink wink*

 

On Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:02:00 PM, Blogger unleashthegeek wrote...

Out of all the Johnny's groups, NEWS was the one I listened to the most :(

Anyway, I hope the searching for truths part will be part Galileo part X-files and that Yamapi will look more animated than the corpses he's gonna handle (>人<*

 

On Thursday, November 10, 2011 5:00:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

who wants to start a pool that Takei Emi will be the rookie detective? Japan seems determined to make her happen lately.

I think the choice of his costar will be the make or break it decision for me to watch - I haven't enjoyed any of his dramas post Kurosagi (and in hindsight, Kurosagi wasn't actually that great of a drama, and the film killed all the potential dead)

 

On Thursday, November 10, 2011 11:44:00 PM, Blogger unleashthegeek wrote...

Anon, you're right about her. The darling of the moment. But if they're gonna pick someone that young, I'd rather they cast Narumi Riko. Omasa Aya will be a great choice too.

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main