unleashthegeek


Saturday, January 23, 2010

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge
Vol. 08 Interview


Omasa Aya (Nakahara Sunako)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Q: Your thoughts when you landed this role?
A: When I first heard about it, I was happy. My elder sister has the manga. But when I read them over many times, I started to worry. "This role, it's difficult! How will I portray her?", those thoughts came to me. There's also the pressure of whether fans of the original work will like it.

Q: Regarding your anxiety, you consulted the director about it?
A: I talked to both the director and producer about my worries and doubts on playing the role of Sunako before filming began.
As Sunako's face is covered by her fringe and the fact that she also has very few lines, the director advised, "The changes in Sunako's mental state, they cannot depend on her facial expressions or the few words she utters. So use the whole body. It seems that Omasa is doing okay." His encouragement makes me do my best.

Q: How do you use your whole body?
A: The pose for my hands, the way I walk and speak. "This movement, it's Sunako-like!" I think about each and every action I make. I practise to show the nature of Sunako. Now even after filming is over, I act like Sunako! [laugh]

Q: Aya-chan, what are your thoughts on Sunako's character?
A: I think she's awkward, but considerate towards others. She's like a pure and cute child.

Q: What is unique about Sunako's room?
A: At first I was shocked seeing many scary ornaments in the room, now I go "Kawaii!" I've grown to like them [laugh].
I don't like being in small spaces, but I've been able to relax in the coffin bed. I've dozed off in there during filming intervals [laugh]. I've gotten used to it.

Q: How's the atmosphere at filming locations?
A: Both the cast and staff are really cheerful! During filming I'm always in the black cloak, and hardly have any make-up on, but they still treat me like a girl [laugh].

Q: Message for the audience.
A: I think more or less, everyone has complexes. Each of us will view the positive and negative traits in different ways. Myself included, I have many complexes. To the viewers, while watching Kyohei and Sunako deal with their complexes, I hope that you too will face your complexes and be able to have the power to change for the better. Please watch 'Yamato Nadeshiko Shichi Henge'.

Labels: ,




On Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:27:00 PM, Anonymous ayenoliveros wrote...

i was amazed by her acting at YamaNade.. I never thought before that she will receive a role like Sunako.. ^_^

 

On Monday, January 25, 2010 10:38:00 PM, Blogger grumpy wrote...

I first saw her in Hachi-One Diver (as Junpei's psycho younger sister), and I thought wow this pretty girl can act!

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main