unleashthegeek


Sunday, September 06, 2009

9th Tokyo Girls Collection


6 September 2009

On the 5th of September, Japan's biggest fashion event, the 9th Tokyo Girls Collection (TGC) was held. Popular models from 24 brands were featured in the event.


Even though the show started only at 14:30, there was already a long line by 09:30. A woman in her 20s who was at the front of the line revealed that she had been there since 07:30 so that she could have a clear view of the runway.


The biggest cheers were unleashed for UNIQLO's model, actor Matsuyama Kenichi. He wore a neo-leather jacket which was a product of collaboration between UNIQLO and TGC.


It was the first time Matsuyama walked down a runway. He commented, "I was nervous and I'm glad it ended safely." Regarding the jacket, he said "It feels good, and it's not heavy. Movements are not restricted."

Actor Mizobata Junpei wore a job-hunting handsome suit from Aoyama Suit Collection, blowing a kiss to the audience as he strutted down the runway. "It felt strange that there's a man appearing on stage when there's so many women, I was tensed. But I really enjoyed myself," he said shyly.


A familiar face for the Aoyama Suit Collection CMs, Aibu Saki also made her appearance on stage. "It's the first time I'm seeing so many ladies, it makes me nervous." Both Mizobata and Aibu are currently in the drama Buzzer Beat. "Aibu-san always has a gentle smile on her," said Mizobata of his co-star. "Somehow it sounds like a lie na," joked Aibu.




I hate Evergreen. Bring me back Junpei's blog!!
And I'm sure Junpei had a blast flirting with all the models. Shy? lol. Maybe he went for more home-hoppings.

http://bcnranking.jp/news/0909/090906_15184p1.html

Labels: ,




On Sunday, September 06, 2009 6:43:00 PM, Anonymous Jen wrote...

Oohh..seems like a star-studded event ne~

I always think Aibu Saki is a very cute actress, nice seeing her in both zettai kareshi and buzzer beat!

 

On Monday, September 07, 2009 1:59:00 AM, Blogger grumpy wrote...

Junpei was the only star there.
The rest were stardust (>8<).

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main