unleashthegeek


Friday, March 05, 2010

The Return of Hoso Macho!




Nakamura Shido (37) and Matsuda Shota (24) are back battling the Gori Macho in the 3rd installment of Suntory's popular Protein Water ads. The 'Alleluia' version has the Hoso Macho team (Slim Macho) battling the Gori Macho (Gorilla Macho) team in the familiar dance-off, this time on an 80's disco era dance floor.

It has been half a year since their last shoot, but it took only one rehearsal before the two of them were back in the groove. Shido showed off his unique dance moves between takes, shaking his hips from side to side while maintaining a perfectly straight face. The director was so taken in by the comic disparity, he incorporated the moves into the commercial. Shido commented,"Back in high school, I used to make my friends laugh with that move. It brings back memories."

With this being their third CM together, Shido and Shota seem to be getting along well. Referring to the gaudy outfits they had on, Shota asked him,"Shall we go for a drink, just like this?" Shido quipped,"Sounds great, let's go for yakitori too."

The new CM airs from 9th March.





Making and new CM


Original


Natsu Matsuri version


http://www.jiji.com/jc/c?g=ent2_ent2&rel=j7&k=g100284
http://www.sponichi.co.jp/entertainment/flash/KFullFlash20100304000.html
http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/100304/gnj1003040512016-n1.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB8CbU3dIfc

Slim & Macho Celebrity Ranking

~

And with the return of Hoso Macho is my return too (*'ー'*)ノ~

Labels: ,




On Friday, March 05, 2010 4:21:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

You gotta love Japan.


And I'm sure the stylist who designed the costune once worked for Johnny's. So sparkly!


Btw, okaeri~

 

On Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:24:00 AM, Anonymous princess_jime wrote...

I can't even-
I mean-
I- I, I..I...

ROTFLMAO.

Only in Japan, only in Japan.
It's so tacky, so funny, so ridiculous, so good, it's awesome.

 

On Saturday, March 06, 2010 5:24:00 AM, Anonymous princess_jime wrote...

I can't even-
I mean-
I- I, I..I...

ROTFLMAO.

Only in Japan, only in Japan.
It's so tacky, so funny, so ridiculous, so good, it's awesome.

 

On Saturday, March 06, 2010 10:03:00 PM, Anonymous biniBningPunkista wrote...

i seriously laughed my ass off!!! Shota's image... can't take it all in. ghhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa....... *runs away while laughing hysterically*

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main