unleashthegeek


Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Akai Ito
Nao Minamisawa Interview


Sanspo Article
27 December 2008



The undyed short hair, deep blue stockings and clear eyes. When asked about her ideal man - "Someone like my father". The radiant Nao Minamisawa (18), is currently a high school student. Playing the lead role in the movie and drama Akai Ito, she had her first kiss scene.

It's so rare these days - when a girl says "someone like my father" is her ideal man.

It's the truth. It would be great if I could marry someone like my dad. He makes me laugh with his jokes. In his school days, and even after joining a company, he still plays basketball. He's cool.

A father would be tearing hearing that from his daughter. This father would also have been nervous as Nao Minamisawa took her role in 2008. She had to debut her on-screen kiss. Her character in Akai Ito, Mei, has a kiss with Atsushi (Mizobata Junpei) during their junior high school trip excursion.

Its like... even I myself am embarrassed to watch the movie. It felt so awkward, and I was very tensed. My hands began to sweat, my body was almost frozen in place and I couldn't move naturally.

Were there many retakes?

The director said "To capture the innocence of the moment, we will do this in one take!" That's what it was supposed to be - a one take scene. Many times over, we were told "That looked stiff". Junpei-kun too, was feeling the same as I was. Both of us were warned.

It was a first kiss for Mei, what about Nao?

Hehhehh... I didn't do it when I was in junior high school.

Ah ok, let's overlook that and agree that it wasn't your first kiss. You're now in the third year of senior high school. That means...

"..." (She has a happy expression on her face, but her lips are sealed. "I'm not going to reply!" That's what she means.)

An unforgettable scene?

Yes, it was. The scenery was impressive, and it's my favourite. Although A-kun is a quiet guy, we talked about many things there. It's like... it's the peak of A-kun's and Mei's love, in that scene, where they are at their happiest.

With Mei standing close, and because she was feeling nothing but the happiness from the bottom of her heart, she was able to open herself and give her reply without any hesitation.

I'm playing the lead in both the drama and movie, and it's a novel that has been read by many people. For the first time, I feel much responsibility in delivering this work, I gave my all in it. There's still much that I have to learn, and I am looking forward to it.

Nao, who has completed "the first time" safely, is growing steadily.


(No reposting to crunchyroll please!)






Sanpo: http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/081227/gnj0812270505009-n2.htm

Labels:




On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 11:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

although im a bit jealous of nao for being able to kiss junpei xD~, i think shes a great actress... so ill let her kiss junpei! HAHAH.

~carmela

 

On Wednesday, December 31, 2008 7:24:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

thanks for the translation!!!
i quite like nao~~~
she is a sweet girl!!
looking forward to more akai ito episode~~ *^_^*

 

On Thursday, January 01, 2009 1:35:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Gotta say I don't hate her as much as I did in episode one ahaha... I think she's doing great in her character~

 

On Thursday, January 01, 2009 5:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

awwhh..such a sweet person.not bad so, it's ok for her to kiss Junpei..hahaha..*don't get mad at me grumpy*

Grumpy's Junpei..

 

On Thursday, January 01, 2009 10:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous wrote...

Maybe I should've made up a story to make Nao sound really mean and evil lol.

 

Post a Comment




Back to Main




-Current Japan Time-
Back to Main